March 7, 2010

Wedding Event #1


Conveniently, there was a bridal event at BAM today. My best friend and planning partner met me for the affair.

A tip.
The later you arrive at these events the more likely you are to get free entry, an extra glass of bubbly, and more raffle tickets!

I plan events for a living and found my first entree to the wedding world to be fascinating.

A few learnings.
Find a friend in the event business to hire for "day of" needs. Some people out there are charging upwards of $2,000/day.

Makeup and hair consultations can get costly. Do research first, get recommendations.

Florals are expensive. A vendor said that that one tablescape is going to cost me $300! Insanity. I have plenty of very creative friends who will be able to do some amazing for me with a very efficient budget.

Venue fees and caterers. Local Brooklynites, like myself, can get discounts for renting a local space such as BAM or One Hanson Place. A caterer also tipped that booking far in advance will allow you negotiating power with the venue.

Vision. I was asked by an event planner what my vision was. I think this will be my next checklist item... a vision for my wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment