March 6, 2010

Inspiration




I have to be honest... I've been collecting wedding magazines in wishful anticipation for a few months now, and after a full week basking in the glow of engagement, I decided to sit down with a glass of wine and see what the magazines had to offer.

Here's my take:
Tearsheet - Easier to organize and remember exactly what I liked on the page. Arranged in a binder, I'm calling it my "Inspiration Book"!

The Knot New York had a page on "Make it legal, make it public" in New York which included all the relevant contacts in my area, as well as great "Best of 2010" lists

New York Magazine Weddings are a great resource for venues, example budgets and start-to-finish weddings here in NYC. Vendors from every borough range from practical to over-the-top.

Limited Focus - so not to be overwhelmed, this first round of inspiration focused on venues, tablescape ideas, florals, bridal party gift ideas, invitation designs and other "destination" wedding ideas. The dress subject will be left for another week.

As a magazine person I really appreciated the time and energy the editors put into these wedding books. Thanks so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment